1971 Super Glide in original condition = very rare so you can imagine how amazed I was to wake up one morning in a Motel in Davenport to find about 10 examples of ‘71/’72 Super Glides outside the window. A photoshoot ensued.
Willie G Davidson designed this model to emulate what customisers were doing at the time, it was a combination of FL and XL hence the FX prefix.
It’s introduction was accompanied by the sound of fibreglass ‘Boat tails’ hitting the bottom of trash cans nationwide as bikers showed what they thought of Willie’s design idea!
- djangodude reblogged this from theoilandthegasoline
- jsokool reblogged this from theoilandthegasoline
- jsokool likes this
- theoilandthegasoline reblogged this from harleypics
- theoilandthegasoline likes this
- myharleydavidson likes this
- willrawlings likes this
- buck-harness likes this
- cycletrash likes this
- rufusdayglo likes this
- harleypics posted this